I may be compensated if you purchase an item through any links in this post. I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. Find out more.
Did you know true Spanish horchata is actually traditionally made with tigernuts? Cool, right? So, of course, I had to try it. Let me tell you, one time and my daughter and I were hooked! Horchata is a delicious, nutritious beverage packed with all the goodness of tigernuts. It’s easy to make and very customizable.
In my opinion, the traditional cinnamon route is the best, and a hint of maple puts this drink over the top! It’s the perfect treat for a warm afternoon, or any afternoon really.
It’s also super easy to make, although it involves some prep time to make the tigernut milk.Print
A sweet, cinnamon explosion in your mouth made the traditional Spanish route with tigernut milk as well as a hint of maple.
- 2 cups tigernut milk (add cinnamon stick to soaking water)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (more for garnish)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Ice for serving
- Prepare tigernut milk according to instructions but add a cinnamon stick to the soaking water
- Mix all ingredients together
- Blend or shake well in a mason jar
- Pour over ice and serve with cinnamon garnish
- Category: Beverages
Keywords: dairy free, non dairy milk, plant based, vegan
Cinnamon horchata is a delicious, dairy free treat for any occasion! Just ask my daughter.