I may be compensated if you purchase an item through any links in this post. I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. Find out more.
Who doesn’t love a good snack? Okay, some people. But not me. I am a snacker. I love food. All the time. There is just something wonderful about a crunchy, salty simple snack to perk up an afternoon, especially these grain free tigernut crackers. Snacking is often associated with bad eating habits, but it doesn’t have to be that way. These grain free, nut free tigernut flour crackers are packed with healthy fiber, prebiotic starch, and omega 3 rich flaxseed. With these paleo approved crackers, you can feel good about your snacks and your kid’s snacks too!
Crackers are an important part of toddler mom life. We don’t avoid grains, but we limit them and we do eat gluten free. My daughter is also sensitive to almonds, and my son to coconut. So, that doesn’t leave much in cracker land.
Of course, tigernuts came through in this department as they have in so many other ways. These grain free crackers are the perfect paleo, nut free, coconut free, allergy friendly snack to keep with you at all times. They crunch up very nicely when left alone for a few hours, and are sturdy enough to dip in your favorite side dish, like hummus. Grain free snacking on these tigernut crackers is a great way to include fiber, prebiotic starch, and other important nutrients in your snacking life.
It’s very important to leave these little guys alone for a good while to let them dry out, because if you don’t you will have more of a flatbread, which is yummy too. The seasonings are also customizable, so go with what feels right. I chose the savory route with this recipe.Print
Grain free, fiber packed tigernut flour crackers with a savory taste perfect for dipping, crumbling, or snacking just as they are.
- 1 cup tigernut flour (sifted)
- 1/2 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dill
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl
- Spread mixture out onto parchment paper
- Using the back of the spatula, slowly roll mixture out until about a sixteenth of an inch
- Working from the center out, try to make a 12 inch by 12 inch square
- Keep the dough as even as possible to avoid burning
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Remove from oven and cut into squares, spreading them apart from each other
- Place back in a 400 degree oven for around 10 minutes (watch for burning)
- Remove and let cool and dry on the counter for 12-24 hours
- Store in a cookie jar or old cracker box to allow air flow (or they will get chewy)
- Enjoy within a few days
- Category: Snacks
Keywords: snacks, paleo, grain free
I love these grain free tigernut crackers, my toddler loves them, and my one year old loves them. They are great for snacking on, dipping, and crumbling on your favorite soup or salad!
Toddler and mama approved.