I may be compensated if you purchase an item through any links in this post. I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. Find out more.
Tigernut flour cookies are gluten free, grain free, egg and dairy free, and are a delicious, nutrient dense treat that will wow both allergy sensitive guests and regular chocolate chip cookie loving folks alike.
Depending on the choice of chocolate, they can also be free of refined sugar. These cookies are allowed on the autoimmune protocol diet if carob chips are used. And, these chocolate chip cookies are vegan if you use coconut oil!
Tigernut flour is a wonderful addition to your gluten free, grain free flour arsenal. I like it because it is also nut free, making it less filling than almond flour, and it isn’t as picky to work with or dry as coconut flour.
Chocolate chip cookies made with only tigernut flour. Grain free, nut free, AIP, and allergy friendly.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix dry ingredients
- Add honey and vanilla and mix well
- Add the lard or coconut oil and smash into dough using a hard spatula or back of spoon
- Mix in chips until well combined (Dough will be sticky)
- Roll about a teaspoon sized balls and place on parchment lined baking sheet or stoneware
- Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees. (They will be soft)
- Let them cool!! (Or they will fall apart. Trust me. I know it’s hard.
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: grain free, paleo, baking, vegan
Don’t eat them all in one sitting. Or do. Maybe I do. Just remember, these are very high in fiber! Happy cookie making.