I may be compensated if you purchase an item through any links in this post. I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. Find out more.
Need a grain free, nut free, coconut free and yet still delicious breakfast for your next gathering? No need to be stumped. Try these delicious lemon poppyseed muffins, made with tigernut flour. Free of refined sugar and dairy, these are sure to please everyone who tries them!
Lemon poppyseed has always been my favorite flavor! Something about the subtle lemon flavor and slight crunch. I just love them. These grain free, dairy free muffins hit the spot for a sweet breakfast treat, afternoon snack, or after dinner indulgence.
Delicious grain-free, nut-free lemon poppyseed muffins made with tigernut flour.
- 1/2 cup tigernut milk (or sub other milk)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 and 1/4 cup tigernut flour (sifted)
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder (or sub tapioca starch, potato starch)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or pastured lard (softened)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp poppyseeds (or sub chia seeds)
- Pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a muffin tin
- Mix together dry ingredients except poppyseeds
- In a separate bowl, mix milk, egg, lemon, vanilla, maple syrup, and softened oil with hand mixer or back of spatula
- Add wet to dry, mixing well
- Mix in poppyseeds until combined
- Pour over into muffin tin until 1/2 full
- Bake 20-25 minutes until toothpick comes out clean
- Let cool completely and store in airtight container
- Category: Breakfast
Keywords: grain free, paleo, breakfast, healthy muffins
I hope you enjoy the subtle sweetness and crunch of these tigernut flour lemon poppyseed muffins without grains, dairy, or nuts. We sure did!